December 17, 2020
High Precision Tool Management Program
Daimler – Assembly Line
- Controlling inventory of high-precision tools, including calibration and maintenance, and ensuring they are readily accessible to assembly line engineers and operators on demand.
- Damaged tools are often attempted to be re-used, only to discover that they are damaged after time is already lost.
- Install the AutoCrib Intelliport® RFID portal to replace the doorway to the existing tool-crib.
- Tag and calibrate all tool inventory in the tool crib.
- Train floor personnel on proper check-in and check-out of tools and replenishment.
- AutoCribs distribute tools to the right people at the right time – all the time.
- Inventory shrinkage was essentially eliminated.
- Automated processes isolate damaged devices for repair or replacement by authorized personnel.